Monday, June 28, 2010

An Ode to Girlfriends

When your nails are unkempt
And your spirits are low
I will love you

When you bail on plans and oversleep
Choose the boys over me
I won't judge you

When you drive us in circles
Ignore the GPS's heedings
I won't nag you

When you're feeling 5 pounds heavy
And you wonder if you've still got it
I'll remind you

When you need to melt down
Pitch a fit, cry and moan
I'll cry with you

When decisions press upon you
And there seem to be no answers
I'll pray for you

When you think you're all alone
That he's the only one to call
I'm here for you

When the day has been long
And the boss has been cruel
I'll wine with you

For when I was hungry
You fed me
And when I was thirsty
Gave me drink
Clothed me
Loved me
Forgave me
Took me in

- The gifts we have in girlfriends
Are the purest forms of grace
Little tastes of heaven
We must pass on to appreciate -

When life's seasons nudge us forward
And we no longer walk in stride
I'll celebrate our times and thank God for you

No comments:

Post a Comment